Information Updated 30/07/2015
The road conditions on both approaches to Warakurna are in fair condition with the grader being over it several times in recent months. Road is corrugated and a bit rough between Uluru and Docker River.
Dry days, cool nights.
Our current fuel prices are as follows:
- Diesel - $2.40 per litre
- Opal* - $2.40 per litre
* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here
Welcome to Warakurna Roadhouse
The Warakurna Roadhouse is located along the Great Centeral Road, within the Great Victoria Desert, 781km west of Alice Springs and 331km from Yulara (Ayers Rock). Laverton is 811km to the west of the roadhouse and Kalgoorlie is 1163km west.
The Warakurna Roadhouse is pleased to welcome all intrepid travellers bold enough to journey across the The Great Central Highway - looking to explore a part of the world very few people have ever seen, let alone ventured across.
The Roadhouse is pleased to offer the following services:
- Diesel and Opal* fuel
(* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here)
- A takeaway food service.
- A range of accommodation options to suit everyone from the budget back-packer to the discerning traveller, including complete units that will act as a home away from home for persons employed on extended contracts in the community. Click here to learn more about our accommodation options.
- A well stocked store offering food and personal items including fresh fruit & veg, bread, drinks, ice, fuels, meat, basic grocery items and ice creams.
- 24 hour power.
- An after-hours fuel service.
- Yurliya Gallery (high end Gallery exclusively selling works produced by Warakurna Artists
Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00 (CST)
Saturday and Sunday 09:00 - 15:00 (CST)
Public Holidays 09:00 - 12:00 (CST)
Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
An afterhours service is available (until 8pm Central Standard Time), by going to the managers residence for camping and accommodation.
Should fuel be required outside of normal trading hours a fee of $20.00 * per vehicle/ $50.00 * per aircraft applies.
Important note: The Warakurna Roadhouse operates on Central Standard Time (CST) time not Western Australian (WA), Northern Territory time (CST) is (1) one and (1/2) half hours in front of WA time.
All prices are subject to change without notice