Warakurna Artists is proud of their new Yurliya Gallery.
The gallery offers visitors a unique cultural and artistic experience and offers have paintings, hand woven baskets, sculpture and wooden artefacts for sale to the intrepid traveller. For more information please contact Warakurna Artists directly via their website at http://www.warakurnaartists.com.au
Regular Trading Hours
- Monday to Friday 09:30 - 17:00 (NT Time)
- Saturday and Sunday 09:30 - 15:00 (NT Time)
- Public Holidays 09:30 - 12:00 (NT Time)
- Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Years Day
* Please note that none of the roadhouses across the Great Central Rd are open in the evenings. We advise checking the opening hours of each roadhouse prior to travel, especially if travelling on a public holiday.
Public Holiday Hours
- Good Friday 29/3/2024 – Closed – No After Hours
- Christmas Day – Closed – No After Hours
- New Years Day – Closed – No After Hours
- All Other Public Holidays 9am to Noon – No After Hours
To enter the Ngaanyatjarra Lands visitors require an entry permit. It is also necessary to have a transit permit when travelling through the Lands by road.
The application process is simple and free. You can download a permit information and application pack (PDF format) by clicking on the image below.
Information Updated : 25/02/2024
Road Conditions : The Road is currently open to all traffic. From Kata Juta towards Docker River the Road is now sealed for just under 60kms. Note there are a few Road Trains about due to Mine operations. WA Border to Warakurna is Good for a Gravel Road. Docker River to the start of the Bitumen towards Uluru is very Ordinary and needs a Grader. Note that Giles Weather Station and Museum is now open to visitors. Balloon Launches are 8.45am and 8.45pm (NT Time) Daily, 7 Days a Week. TRAVEL THROUGH NGAANYATJARRA LANDS is now PERMITTED as long as a Permit is obtained prior to travel. https://permits.ngaanyatjarra.org.au/form/lands-permit. Note Motel Rooms are required to be Booked as soon as possible. Sunday 25th Feb No Vacancy Monday 26th Feb 2 rooms left Tuesday 27th Feb 5 Rooms left 29th Feb 3 Rooms left 3rd March 5 Rooms left 16th and 17th April 5 Rooms left 4th July 4 rooms left 2nd September to 13th Sept No Vacancy
Weather Information : Warm 30 to 35 degrees at present. For current Weather Details please visit http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts Giles. Note that Giles Weather Station is now open to visitors. Balloon Launches are 8.45am and 8.45pm (NT Time).
Fuel Prices :
Diesel - $ 3.20 per litre
Opal* - $ 3.20 per litre
* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here